Sunday, November 11, 2007

not it

As I was preparing my grocery list for the week, I asked my soon-to-be 4 year old son what he wanted for dinner on his birthday. He said, "A sandwich." He was eating a sandwich. A sandwich with applesauce. Yum. I said, "no, what do you want for dinner on your birthday, a special dinner, you can pick anything you want." He says, "I want just a sandwich with cheese, and butter.(mayo) And noodles, the little ones, I like those." I ask him if he wants any special sauce on those noodles. He replies, "no." I said: "you know when I was a little girl, for my birthday, my mommy, that's your Nana, would let me pick anything I wanted to have for dinner. I would pick something like homemade macaroni and cheese or lasagne or fried chicken and biscuits, something elaborate. So, what do you want?" A sandwich.

I couldn't contain it any longer. I covered my face with my hands and laughed silently for a minute. Then I started rubbing my face. Then I started laughing out loud. Then Austen laughed. Then he said to me, "You're so weird."

Me?

Comments:

He doesn't realize yet, that he can get pretty much everything he wants for birthday because he has simple tastes yet, wait until he is older and requests sushi.
-Posted by Brookiemom on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 3:33 PM

this was the perfect way to start my day.
I can't wait to hang out with you two weirdos.
-Posted by Sarah on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:36 AM

HA HA HA, youre so wierd rebekah! will you have a sandwhich too? :) what kind?
-Posted by Mommy of Many on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 7:42 PM

No comments: