Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I heart vampires (apparently)

My husband and I caught a couple minutes of an interview with a guy named Robert Pattinson. Every other word that came out of his mouth was punctuated by female screams so my husband says to me, "What is that? All you have to have is an accent and be reasonably attractive and all these women scream at you."
To which I replied, "I don't think it's like that, I think he was in those vampire movies that all the teenagers are crazy about."
"Ohhhh I see... that makes sense now"
I switched the channel. I thought we were done. Incorrect.
"Why is it with you that no matter what we are talking about you always bring the subject back to vampires?"
I laughed. I did. I hate encouraging him but I couldn't help it. I laughed. A lot. So he continued:
"In Sunday school even, I have to tell you, 'Rebekah, we weren't even talking about vampires.' "
oh man.

Fine print:
I have never read a book about, watched a movie about, or been obsessed with a young British man who plays a vampire, just in case you were going to judge me. Take it.

No comments: