Thursday, January 31, 2008

oooh, treasure

Last night, led by our fearless pregnant butterfinger-eating leader, the Cubby Bears made Treasure Jars. A Treasure Jar is a baby food jar filled with, what else- treasure. (beads, coins, glitter, and colored corn syrup) We gave the kids 3 or 4 pennies each to place in thier jars. My son kept holding back some of his pennies. We kept giving him another and another, thinking we had missed him or that someone took them. We were dealing with 8 or 9 children all 4 and under so things were getting somewhat chaotic. No one took his "cunnies" he was hoarding them. Greedy? Selfish? No. He was saving them, he said, to send to his Nana so she could fly on an airplane to come visit him. Sweet, sweet boy.

1 comment:

The Snarky Mommy said...

He is so sweet that if I could fly his nana out I would. I want to cry when I hear his voice saying they were for nana.