Thursday, April 3, 2008

April Fools, Bad Austen, Transformers, and A Big Secret

April Fools:

My mom and sister played an April Fools joke on me, they convinced me that my sister had become engaged. It was mostly successful, although I did wonder why my sister wouldn’t call me and tell me herself.

Bad Austen:

My friend, The Awesome Photographer, (Kristie Stone) took pictures of Austen. He is pretty squirrely so it is miraculous when there is one good picture of him, she ended up with at least 6. Of these, she made a collage. In most of the pictures, Austen is smiling, but in one his arms are crossed and he looks kind of stern. When Austen saw it, he went through the whole line of pictures of Austen saying "good Austen, good Austen, good Austen, good Austen, good Austen, BAD Austen" (to the stern picture) We thought this was somewhat amusing.


Transformers:

Austen loves Transformers. He put a Transformers DVD in today. It was one that I checked out at the library for him. He can’t watch it because evidently it has cusses in it. I told him he couldn’t watch it. He said, "I just like the song." So he listened to the Transformers menu for about 30 minutes. (Transformers! More than meets the eye! Transformers! Robots in disguise! Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons.) Over and over and over and over. Also, he got his hodgepodge box of broken transformers out and showed one to Tyson saying "Stephen broke this one" (one that actually wasn’t broken) Tyson was alarmed. Austen then clarified: "Well, he didn’t break it yet." Apt observation, we watch Stephen 2-3 times a week and by the end of my babysitting endeavor I am guessing more than one Transformer will bite the dust. Another Transformer story: I moved said box of Transformers to a new location in the basement. Austen couldn’t find it. He came upstairs and asked me. I was ignoring him. He asked me again. I was playing Settlers of Catan so I ignored him again. He asked probably 25-30 times. It was getting kind of funny for me so I started pretending that I couldn’t see or hear him. He caught on so I told him where the Transformers were. He didn’t care anymore, he said: "do it some more." He likes it when I ignore him. This relationship may work out after all...

A Big Secret:

April Fools!

No comments: