Friday, April 4, 2008

My Day (an instant messaging conversation I had with my sister, Tom)

Tom: yay
I get to leave in two and a half hours!
Rebekah: now you are bragging
i never get to leave my job
Tom: yeah but your job is more funner
Rebekah: sometimes
not today
they were making me crazy
henner said he was thirsty
so austen took an ice cream bucket and filled it with water
in the bathroom
and they carried it around the house
Tom: LOL
that's awesome
Rebekah: all this while i was chatting with you
Tom: brilliant
Rebekah: there are big wet spots all over the carpet all over the house
meanwhile aaron and henner STINK
but i am having too much fun to change them
Tom: lol
Rebekah: so i finally remove aaron from the hamper where austen had placed him
and hold him while i type so he can stink in my lap and blow rasberries on my arm while i try to communicate with my sister
now henry and austen are soaking wet
and henry is wearing his favorite outfit (buzz lightyear, of course) so when i try to remove it for his nap he throws a fit
austen was wearing his favorite too (lightening mcqueen) but he is slightly more reasonable
and he lets me take his shorts off with the promise that i will wash them
aaron by this time is livid because somehow in the mix be became soaking wet and combine that with a stinky diaper you have a SCREAMING 10 month old
i finally calmed him down with a pacifier and his musical bear in his crib
then have to deal with henner who is still screaming about taking buzz off
i deal with this by placing him in his crib, shutting the door, and walking away.
now my house is wet, smells like poop, and we are having the hubbarts over for dinner (Rachel is a NEAT freak)
I have stopped caring about such things
now does my job sound funner?

2 comments:

Tyson Olheiser said...

way funner

The Snarky Mommy said...

LOL! But have you met me? Neat freak?!! I guess you have never seen my giant dust bunnies