Monday, February 18, 2008

Tyson is Powerful Enough to Deflect a Bad Guy's Bullet

For the past 6 days I have been sick. No news there, right? Ha! Don't I know it. I have three children. Boys. Small boys. One of those was sick too but I'll get to that later. Three small boys do not take care of themselves, at least not very well. As I mentioned before, I have been sick and therefore, not able to take care of these precious little men much at all. Enter Tyson. He has a job. He kind of has two, actually. For the past 6 days he has done both of his jobs and mine in addition to caring for his needy, demanding wife. He hasn't complained. He has come home from his job each and every day and fed those boys, pushed pills into my mouth, run to the store, changed those diapers, and cleaned all the messes we made all day. He needs a break.
He has had a trip coming up for quite a while. Neither of us realized that it was scheduled on top of a standing arrangement I have with the church ladies. Selfishly my first instinct was... "but I wanna..." and to think only about how very much I needed this time. I think this time he needs it more. I am so thankful for him and proud. Proud of how able he has become in the last few years. Thankful that I have him to fall back on. My proudest moment was at about 4:00 p.m. on Saturday in the Emergency Room. We had been sent there from the walk in clinic when they discovered my son's temperature was 105 degrees. My husband had not yet eaten breakfast, and should have, by his own standards, been very cranky. But he wasn't! He was the one repeatedly cooling towels and placing them on my son's neck and head. He was the one who held the boy while he got his shot. He was the one who entertained the two year old and he held the fussy hungry baby I was too sick to nurse. He was the one who took care of all of us.
I think it is time he gets taken care of. And for that, I can't wait to get better.

No comments: