Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ice Cream Truck



I have always wanted to get my kids an ice cream from the ice cream truck. I only remember doing this as a child a couple times but those memories were so special that I wanted them to have the same experience.







When we heard the ice cream truck drive by, we all ran out onto the yard and waved him down. Inside the truck was a big giant man with a scary accent that I cannot identify. Austen was not intimidated. He told the ice cream man all about his new swimming pool, his Transformer bed, and how much he liked ice cream. Then he picked a fudge bar. Just like that, "I want that chocolate one".


Henry was so scared of the ice cream man that he would not make eye contact- with the man or with me. When I asked him what kind of ice cream he wanted, he turned his head and refused to speak. I asked Austen what kind Henry wanted. He of course, picked the same thing he had gotten. This did not stop them from arguing the whole time they ate the ice creams about who's was bigger even though they were the exact same thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is soooo cute!!

Thanks for sharing!!

~Kristie~